[swift-users] isKnownUniquelyReferenced really a mutating function?

Edward Connell ewconnell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:20:41 CST 2017

I have a data structure that calls isKnownUniquelyReferenced on a member.
It forces everything to be marked as mutating because of the inout
parameter, however the parameter is never mutated, it is just read right??
The reason it is inout is because a read only reference is required.

If it is truly not mutating, is there some way around this so I don't have
to mark everything in the caller chain as mutating also? It's kind of
annoying...

Thanks, Ed