[swift-users] error: the package has an unsupported layout, unexpected source file(s) found: /Users/maximveksler/Project/Org/Collection/Sources/main.swift

Maxim Veksler maxim at vekslers.org
Tue Jan 24 14:23:42 CST 2017

Thanks Daniel,

Few comments:

Error message is very confusing and doesn't provide a hint to what went
wrong.

I'd suggest to solve this by assuming default for 1 module, and if
main.swift is present then building an executable. Allowing multiple
modules in same package I think should be discouraged, because at least
intuitively for me a Package translate to a Module in a 1:1 relation.

It's also import the inconsistency between Xcode project produced by swift
package generate-xcodeproj which is able to build the mentioned layout and
the command line swift build that fails.

Thanks for the help, mv'ing the sources into a a "Collection" directory in
Sources solved the issue.