[swift-users] SPM & Library with bridging header

Rien Rien at Balancingrock.nl
Fri Jan 20 12:48:21 CST 2017

I may be missing something here, so please bear with me...

The client of the lib only has to see the headers that describe the lib, not the headers of the files that were used to create the lib.
Or are you referring to a case were the lib also exposes the headers of the libs that were used to create the lib?

Additional info:
In my particular case I use openSSL and have created a few Swift operations that use (wrap) openSSL. My lib does not expose openSSL to the client of the lib.
I did have to create a 2 line c-function for a callback. That function is not exposed to the lib client. But this two line function is the reason for the “mixed language” target.
Ideally no client should use openSSL directly, but it cannot be prevent of course that a client links its own files to openSSL using his own bridging file.

Regards,
Rien

Site: http://balancingrock.nl
Blog: http://swiftrien.blogspot.com