[swift-users] SPM & Library with bridging header

Rien Rien at Balancingrock.nl
Fri Jan 20 10:49:02 CST 2017

I noticed something strange about Xcode and SPM concerning the capability to generate Libraries.

When I try to create a Library in Xcode and then want to add an Objective-C bridging header, that is denied. It claims that bridging is not supported for Libraries.

When I create an Xcode project through the SPM (with “swift package generate-xcodeproj”) then I can use bridging headers, even though the end result is a library.

Question: Is this a viable work around? or are there hidden dangers that might not be immediately apparent?

As a side note: SPM complains about multiple languages and currently only supports pure Swift modules.
This creates the strange situation that I now use SPM to create an xcode project and then use Xcode to create bridged mixed language libraries.

Regards,
Rien

Site: http://balancingrock.nl
Blog: http://swiftrien.blogspot.com