[swift-users] Referencing Swift Functions from the Objective-C Runtime

Jeff Kelley slaunchaman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:41:24 CST 2016

Still trying on this (copied the code directly, Foo is actually XCTestCase):

typealias TestMethod = @convention(c) (XCTestCase) throws -> Void

This seagulls the compiler with “error: '(XCTestCase) throws -> Void' is not representable in Objective-C, so it cannot be used with '@convention(c)’”. I’m trying to use it here:

let testMethod: IMP = method_getImplementation(method)

let test: TestMethod = unsafeBitCast(testMethod,
                                     to: TestMethod.self)

testMethods.append((methodName as String, test))

If I try to put the type directly in the call to unsafeBitCast(), the compiler gives me an error:

Attribute can only be applied to types, not declarations

Thanks for your suggestions! I hadn’t seen @convention() before.

Jeff Kelley

SlaunchaMan at gmail.com | @SlaunchaMan <https://twitter.com/SlaunchaMan> | jeffkelley.org <http://jeffkelley.org/>