[swift-users] Decimal imported as NSDecimal not NSDecimalNumber in Swift 3 to Objective C

Philippe Hausler phausler at apple.com
Mon Nov 14 17:07:19 CST 2016

Seems like you are missing some bridges here since NSDecimalNumber’s signature takes an object

let value = NSDecimalNumber(value: 2)
let test = 2.0                                               // double
let product = value.multiplying(by: 2.0)      // compiles
let x = value.multiplying(by: Decimal(2.0) as NSDecimalNumber) // compiles
let y = value.multiplying(by: NSDecimalNumber(value: Double(2.0)))   // compiles
let z = value.multiplying(by: NSDecimalNumber(value: test))                // compiles

Those methods perhaps should have been imported as their bridged types but again it is an ambiguity since we should really distinguish between NSDecimalNumber and NSDecimal interfaces in objc and so consequently they have to be distinguished in Swift as NSDecimalNumber and Decimal.