[swift-users] Autoreleasepool for Ubuntu

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Wed Nov 2 15:06:56 CDT 2016

I don’t know, this isn’t really a good Swift API either. Some of the other bare pointer cases we changed to return arrays instead for this reason, like String’s version of cString(using:). https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/stdlib/public/SDK/Foundation/NSStringAPI.swift#L413

I am actually in favor of having a minimal shim, but I’d rather it do nothing like Joe’s case than to start allowing arbitrarily-delayed deinitialization like this.

Jordan