[swift-users] Swift and Xcode along with Playgrounds is full of bugs

Shyamal Chandra shyamalc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:50:16 CDT 2016

Hi Chris,

First of all, there is tremendous instability with Xcode Playgrounds.  I
paste the same simple code into Xcode Playgrounds; sometimes, it works and
sometimes, it doesn't work.  Why don't you make the Playgrounds open source
so I can investigate?  You should tell this to Tim Cook as soon as
possible.  I wanted to add Swift to the list of languages in Juypter for
workbook usage.  If a project is closed-source, I cannot do anything
without looking at documented code.  The documentation for Xcode
Playgrounds is not there.  For the XCPlayground library, there is just an
API call reference that is sparsely documented.   I can wait for infinity
for a response on the forums but Apple should provide better support rather
than charging money for each technical support call.  This is disappointing
since Apple was founded to make computing easy, not hard on purpose, making
code writing a black art.

Thanks!

Best,

Shyamal Chandra