[swift-users] Data reflection metadata?

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Thu Oct 13 11:13:30 CDT 2016

In a recent-ish post on swift-evolution <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160926/027337.html>, Chris Lattner mentioned:

> …the extensive work on data reflection metadata that was put into Swift 3.  It is key to enabling the Xcode 8 memory visualization / debugger feature, and is a fundamental building block for a data reflection API.  In fact, if I recall correctly, a 3rd party framework already build a custom data reflection API around this metadata already (Zewo?).

Could someone point to some info about this? I’m very interested in it.

(I did look up Zewo — a server-side Swift web framework — but didn’t see anything relevant in it, so Chris may have been thinking of another project.)

—Jens

PS: I’m posting here and not swift-evolution because (a) I don’t subscribe to that list, and (b) this is apparently stuff that exists right now, not in the future.