[swift-users] Swift Package Manager (SPM) Deployment Target

Gmail christian.noon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 15:35:29 CDT 2016

Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I’ve now been able to successfully compile an example command line tool with Alamofire using `--xcconfig-overrides` flag and an .xcconfig file. However, I’ve run into one issue and have an additional question.

The issue I’m hitting is that the project still has the `MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET` manually set (it’s bold) to `10.10` even though the xcconfig is loaded and has overridden it. If I delete the manual setting, the deployment target is set to 10.11 which is coming from the xcconfig file. While this is certainly nice, it may throw some people off at first when using this approach.

The second question I have is whether this type of override is planned for `swift build` or just for creating an Xcode project? My apologies if this has been answered in other threads, but I haven’t been able to track this down yet.

Thanks!
--

Christian