[swift-users] Performance critical code in Swift

Игорь Никитин devnikor at icloud.com
Sat Oct 1 15:50:07 CDT 2016

I need to write a specialized data storage (database) for some types that are never changes. This struct can be used as an example:

struct User {
    let id: Int32
    let name: UnsafePointer<UInt8>
    let type: Int32
    let location: UnsafePointer<UInt8>
}

SQLite is super slow. I make few millions inserts and sqlite_step is the problem here (this function takes 15 seconds for all job).
So I need to save to the disk few million instances of this struct as fast as possible (this is why I need a custom db)
For such of tasks C (or maybe C++) is a good choice. But how can Swift do this as fast as C?
Of course I need to use low level C I/O api, but there are another things that I need to know?