[swift-users] Migrating to Swift 3 using Xcode fails

Stanislav Smida s at svagant.com
Sat Sep 24 13:48:33 CDT 2016

Hi Saagar,

It might not be your case but if you are getting "No source changes necessary - Click Update to change your target's build settings to use the latest Swift syntax.” message, it might have nothing to do with wrong compiler version. Due to my experiences it looks like generating preview of changes runs build process that fails on code signing. The message in this case can be misleading (I consider it a bug) but try to set your provisioning profiles correctly for both build configurations (make sure certificates are valid) and give it another try (Edit > Convert > To Current Swift Syntax…).

Stano