[swift-users] Swift and Xcode along with Playgrounds is full of bugs

Marco S Hyman marc at snafu.org
Tue Sep 13 21:22:57 CDT 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 6:53 PM, Shyamal Chandra via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

> I am not arguing; I am bringing up defect in the Apple way of handling bugs for Swift, Xcode, and Playgrounds.  Am I supposed to wait for eternity?

As Jens noted, you have to separate Swift from Xcode and Playgrounds.   With respect to Swift you’ve three choices.

1) do nothing and wait
2) dig in and fix the problem yourself
3) throw some money at someone else who will dig in and fix the problem.

When it comes to bugs and missing features in open source projects I’ve done all of the above at various times.   For a minor annoyance I wait.  If the bug/missing feature is something that is within my area of expertise I dig in and fix.  If it is something I have to have but don’t have the knowledge nor the time to gain the knowledge I’ve funded others to dig in and fix.

Which are you going to do?