[swift-users] Swift and Xcode along with Playgrounds is full of bugs

Shyamal Chandra shyamalc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:03:12 CDT 2016

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well!

Swift is very volatile language that keeps on changing with every new
version of Xcode.  When you are trying to run old code with different
syntax, you run into problems because the code is no longer compatible.
Instead of moving onto Swift 3, 4, and 5 (with different syntax), why don't
you standardize the library and language operations and functions for the
different package and frameworks included with Xcode because I have already
submitted multiple bugs to the bug report that are with the official
release of Xcode and I am very disappointed with the software quality.

I hope everyone on the mailing list can chime into this ever-growing
problem with Swift, Playgrounds, and Xcode.

Thanks!

Best,

Shyamal Chandra
shyamalc at gmail.com