[swift-users] Swift Semantic tools

Andrew Spiess andrzej.spiess at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 10:13:38 CDT 2016

Hi, I hope I have chosen correct mailing list. I have been working on a
helper tool for Swift projects and in order to achieve what I want I need a
semantic analysis. I thought it would be a good idea to use Swift's parser
functionality in order not to duplicate work that has already been done by
so many smarter people.

Could any of you somehow tell me where should I look - more specific than
swiftSEMA. I looked into the type checkers and Lexer in swiftParser but
still am confused.

Still looking for the swift 2.2 -> 2.3/3.0 Convert tool so maybe there I
could grasp some examples how to hook into these and use them in my own
module.

If this is too broad then I am sorry. I am a complete beginner in this
project / structure.

P.S. I would like to get knowledge e.g:

let arrayOfInts: [Int] = ...
let arrayOfStrings: [String?] = arrayOfInts.map { $0 as? String }

that $0 is an Int explicitly and that the return type of closure is String.
This is something that I can't achieve by analysing closure syntax.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew