[swift-users] Migrating to Swift 3 using Xcode fails

Saagar Jha saagar at saagarjha.com
Thu Sep 8 16:01:44 CDT 2016

Hi,

I’ve migrated one of my projects to Swift 3 previously, with an earlier beta of Xcode. However, after downloading the GM seed, hundreds of errors pop up in my code, since it appears that Xcode has somehow reverted the compiler back to 2.3. Manually migrating using Edit>Convert>To Current Swift Syntax… always fails, due to the fact that the code had been previously migrated. Is there any way to “manually” migrate the code (i.e. change the compiler settings?)

Thanks,
Saagar Jha