[swift-users] Development Snapshots: Which Xcode?

Robert Vaessen robert at rvaessen.com
Mon Aug 1 20:18:46 CDT 2016

Thanks, Saagar.

No need to look; I'll grab Xcode 8.

———————————————
Robert Vaessen
704-996-1080
robert at rvaessen.com

On August 1, 2016 at 9:15:14 PM, Saagar Jha (saagar at saagarjha.com) wrote:

It appears so, as further down the page it says:

Swift 3.0
• macOS 10.11.5 (El Capitan)
• Xcode 8.0 beta or later

I remember there being a Swift 3 toolchain that worked with Xcode 7…let me see if I can find it.

Saagar Jha

On Aug 1, 2016, at 18:12, Robert Vaessen via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:

Can swift 3 development snapshots (such as swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2016-07-29-a-osx.pkg) be installed and then selected as  toolchain in Xcode 7.3.1?

Looking through the Download section of Swift.org gives me the impression that Xcode 8.0 Beta must be used.

Robert Vaessen
704-996-1080
robert at rvaessen.com