[swift-users] Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

Ryan Lovelett swift-dev at ryan.lovelett.me
Sun Jul 24 20:25:50 CDT 2016

When linking a Cocoa framework using the release configuration I am
getting the error below. Oddly compiling in the debug configuration
works fine.

The code looks like this:

let _ = URLComponents(url: track.request.url, resolvingAgainstBaseURL:
true)? .queryItems?.sorted(isOrderedBefore: { $0.name < $1.name })

Weirder still, if I make a fresh project that contains just this single
line of code then it also compiles fine (debug and release). Not sure
how to resolve the linker error. Also not sure how to get it to a small
isolated test. Xcode Version 8.0 beta 3 (8S174q)

Suggestions?