[swift-users] Building Swift 3 under ArchLinux

Farhan Ahmed inshany at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:58:34 CDT 2016

Thanks Kyle for the help and link to the swiftenv. I didn’t know it was available, and was wondering if there was one available… saves me the trouble of writing one ;)

I have all dependencies installed. The error seems to be that the docs/tools/swift.1 file that is created is zero bytes, so I am thinking that that file should not be zero bytes… back to figuring out why that file is zero bytes.

As an aside, to me this looks like it is trying to build docs or something non-essential, therefore why throw an error, and not a warning and continue with the build? (this is a question for you Swift build managers! … if anyone from there is reading this.)

Best,
Farhan