[swift-users] Building Swift 3 under ArchLinux

Farhan Ahmed inshany at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 23:23:31 CDT 2016

Hi,

I am hoping someone would be able to help with the following problem:

I am trying to build Swift 3 under ArchLinux. I have followed the build instructions and everything has been cloned and kick off the build by typing: ./swift/utils/build-script -R

After a long while the build errors out at (emphasis mine):

copying static files... done
copying extra files... done
dumping search index in English (code: en) ... done
dumping object inventory... done
build succeeded.
[574/574] Generating swift.1
FAILED: docs/tools/swift.1
cd /home/insha/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-linux-x86_64/docs/tools && /usr/bin/core_perl/pod2man --section 1 --center Swift\ Documentation --release --name swift --stderr /home/insha/swift/docs/tools/swift.pod > /home/insha/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-linux-x86_64/docs/tools/swift.1
Can't open swift: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/core_perl/pod2man line 70.
./swift/utils/build-script: fatal error: command terminated with a non-zero exit status 1, aborting

So what am I doing wrong? What can I do to either fix this issue or skip it if it is not essential (i.e. docs, etc.)? Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Farhan