[swift-users] Difference between Apple and Linux versions of Swift - CompareOptions

Jon Hoffman hoffman.jon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 17:13:08 CDT 2016

With Swift 3.0 Preview 2 for Linux and Xcode Beta 2 for macOS, I see a
difference in the CompareOptions when I use the range(of:option:)
method of the String type.  For example, in Xcode I use this code:

      if let newMatch = str.range(of: regExFindMatchString, options:
.regularExpression) {
            return str.substring(with: newMatch)
        } else {
            return nil
        }

notice the .regularExpression.  However in the Linux version I need to
use the .regularExpressionSearch option like this:

    if let newMatch = str.range(of:regExFindMatchString, options:
.regularExpressionSearch) {
         return str.substring(with: newMatch)
    } else {
         return nil
    }

Is it safe to assume that the version that works with Xcode is going
to be the correct version once Swift 3.0 is released?

Thanks

Jon