[swift-users] another issue with tuples

Zhao Xin owenzx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:05:58 CDT 2016

Tuple is not designed to be used as commonly as classes and structs.

NOTE
> Tuples are useful for temporary groups of related values. They are not
> suited to the creation of complex data structures. If your data structure
> is likely to persist beyond a temporary scope, model it as a class or
> structure, rather than as a tuple. For more information, see Classes and
> Structures.

quoting from:
> https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/content/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/Swift_Programming_Language/TheBasics.html

If you looking up in the documents, there is no struct nor class called
Tuple. The normal using on tuple in my option is to returning multiple
values in a function, or switch-case matching.

So you are right, tuple is not well-formed. But it is designed to be used
only temporarily. Please feel free to file another bug.

Zhaoxin