[swift-users] Can Swift 2.3 frameworks be used with a Swift 3.0 app?

Ted Bradley ted.bradley at hudl.com
Mon Jun 27 09:04:20 CDT 2016

So does that mean then that Swift 2.3 and Swift 3.0 can interoperate?

E.g.

iOS Target ‘Foo’, imports a custom Framework ‘Bar’

Foo is Swift 3.0
Bar is Swift 2.3

From: zh ao <owenzx at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 27 June 2016 at 14:34
To: Ted Bradley <ted.bradley at hudl.com>
Cc: "swift-users at swift.org" <swift-users at swift.org>
Subject: Re: [swift-users] Can Swift 2.3 frameworks be used with a Swift 3.0 app?

You need to wait until they are promised to work with 2.3 or 3.0. If you can get the source code, you can use migration tool and compile the framework yourself.

Zhaoxin