[swift-users] Bls: Swift to Javascript

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 23:22:26 CDT 2016

I reply to all previous posts…
http://www.shiftjs.com is closer to what I want. But in its current state today, it's not yet ready for prime time. I've tried to paste my rather long but not complicated Swift program, and it failed.

https://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/index.html is not really about Swift. Yes, it may be used as the basis for what I want but it requires some effort to actually create an excellent Swift to JS transpiler.

http://perfect.org https://github.com/IBM-Swift/Kitura https://realm.io/news/swift-summit-jorge-izquierdo-taylor-http-server-library/ I knew about these things and they're not what I want. These are server side app frameworks, not web front-end frameworks. They don't do JS.
All in all, they are not officially supported by Apple (except IBM's Kitura) which means their work likely won't be aligned with the official Swift features and progresses.
–Mr Bee

    Pada Rabu, 22 Juni 2016 20:55, Maury Markowitz <maury.markowitz at gmail.com> menulis:

 > On Jun 22, 2016, at 12:44 AM, Mr Bee via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wish I will be able write web app using Swift instead of JavaScript. It would be wonderfull if we could develop desktop app, mobile app, server-side app, and web app, all using Swift. It will be complete.

Like this?