[swift-users] How do I find really detailed information about changes?

Eric Miller hi at simple.gy
Wed Jun 22 11:49:01 CDT 2016

I'm working on migrating from Swift 2.3 to Swift 3.0.

Sometimes I can't get as much info about a change as I like. I'm aware of
the swift-evolution github repo and can search that. Swift.org's migration
guide is also really helpful.

I'm now trying to find why, along with changing from NSCalendar to
Calendar, the .components are optional. I can't find any mention of it, and
I'm not sure in what situation minutes or hours could be nil and how I
should guard against it.

Is there a way to search the evolution mailing list, or is there a better
place to search?