[swift-users] Feedback for Dependency Injection Framework?

Ian Terrell ian.terrell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 23:21:24 CDT 2016

Hi Tadeas,

I don't generally use the word "dependency" to cover types that are used by
another type; those are simply implementation details of the outer type.
There is no VC_B until VC_A decides to present one, so I do not it a
dependency; there's nothing to inject. The creation and presentation of
VC_B is just "what happens" when showNestedViewController() is called.

That is perhaps a better phrasing for my point, thank you. The creation of
VC_B is an implementation detail of VC_A, which is why VC_A's true
dependencies are so numerous.

As an aside, in apps I have found that sometimes navigation wants to be
considered as a separate concern. In that case injecting a protocol based
VC factory or a "router" is the way to go in my opinion.

Thanks,
Ian