[swift-users] CGContext endPage method ambiguous (two candidates) Swift 3/Xcode 8

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Thu Jun 16 15:49:49 CDT 2016

I've got a project I had been working on using Swift2.2 and decided to migrate to Swift3 (using Xcode 8 beta) before the project gets any bigger. I successfully migrated everything except I have a CGContext for writing to a PDF and calls the endPage() method. For that the compiler responds with "ambiguous use of endPage()" and claims to find two candidates for it.

Is there a work around for this?

I submitted it via bugreport.apple.com (# 26815976) but is there a better place to report this?

Also, while the app won't be ready to release until after iOS 10 is released, I would like to start TestFlight beta testing it before that. After doing the conversion, I remembered that you can't submit builds with beta versions of Xcode to the AppStore. Does this also apply to TestFlight betas? I hope not given that Apple is strongly encouraging everyone to convert their code to Swift 3, but I suspect that is the policy.

Thanks,
Dave Reed