[swift-users] Swift 3.0 Preview 1 Linux release and Foundation

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Jun 14 14:30:13 CDT 2016

> Today I noticed that Linux release and macOS release is quite different.
> I thought that Linux and macOS release will have Foundation in it, but
> Linux seems missing this part.
> Maybe I'm missing something but structures like "Data" (NSData
> equivalent)) are missing on Linux (Ubuntu 14).

About 15 minutes after you posted, Tony Parker announced that a branch with this work will be published later today, and they're hoping to merge it in the next couple weeks. So hang on!

<https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-corelibs-dev/Week-of-Mon-20160613/000734.html>

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies