[swift-users] Swift 3.0 Preview 1 Linux release and Foundation

Marcin Krzyzanowski marcin.krzyzanowski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 04:46:08 CDT 2016

Hi,

Thank you for a great job on Swift 3 preview 1 release.
Today I noticed that Linux release and macOS release is quite different.
I thought that Linux and macOS release will have Foundation in it, but
Linux seems missing this part.
Maybe I'm missing something but structures like "Data" (NSData
equivalent)) are missing on Linux (Ubuntu 14).

I'm very interested in cross-platform code compatibility, and I had
this assumption that we can rely on stdlib and Foundation in Swift 3
releases.

Swift 3.0 Release Process document
https://swift.org/blog/swift-3-0-release-process/ mention that "For
Linux, Swift 3 will also be the first release to contain the Swift
Core Libraries."

What I'm missing?

Regards, Marcin.