[swift-users] file io in Swift 2.2 for Linux (would like to be pointed in the right direction)

Quinn "The Eskimo!" eskimo1 at apple.com
Mon Jun 6 10:23:22 CDT 2016

On 5 Jun 2016, at 11:36, Jens Alfke <jens at mooseyard.com> wrote:

> It’s almost unique in that regard; in general Cocoa APIs are only supposed to throw exceptions for programmer errors like assertion failures.

Almost unique is right.  The only other offender I can think of is Distributed Objects, which is even less fun because any method call (including property accesses) on any proxied object can throw language exceptions.

Share and Enjoy
--
Quinn "The Eskimo!"                    <http://www.apple.com/developer/>
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware