[swift-users] Wrapping function declarations in #if swift()

Tyler Fleming Cloutier cloutiertyler at aol.com
Fri May 13 00:38:31 CDT 2016

Hello everyone,

It does seem like it is currently possible to wrap just the function declaration in an #if swift() directive like so:

#if swift(>=3.0)
public func add(filter filterName: String, path: String) {
#else // ERROR Expected ā€˜}ā€™ at end of brace statement
public func addFilter(filterName: String, path: String) {
#endif

Is it possible Iā€™m missing how to do this? This is particularly painful in Swift 3 given the change to move have labels on the first function parameter by default. As far as I can see it means that I am required to wrap the entire function body even if nothing else is incompatible with Swift 3.

Is this just an implementation detail that will be changed?

Thanks,

Tyler