[swift-users] Cross-Compiling For ARM Linux

Donald Pinckney djpinckney at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 11 13:41:02 CDT 2016

Hi all,

Perhaps this has been discussed a lot already, but I'm a bit lost as to the current state of cross-compiling Swift source code from x86_64 Linux to ARM Linux.    Given the documentation for cross-compiling for Android, it seems that there is some cross-compiling support, but I'm not sure how I should go about making it not Android specific.

To be more concrete,    I would like to experiment with Swift for the FIRST Robotics Competition, which uses ARM Cortex A9, running Real-Time Linux.    For now, a reasonable intermediate goal seems like figuring out cross-compiling to a Raspberry Pi, which has already seen some attention from the Swift community.

So, it would be awesome if anyone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks,

Donald Pinckney