[swift-users] Server side swift application ?

Honza Dvorsky czechboy0 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:50:10 CDT 2016

Server-side Swift is not mature by any measure, but there are very vibrant
groups building a few competing solutions, outside the IBM group. I've
already built a low-importance, in-production server using Vapor
<https://github.com/qutheory/vapor>. There's another group called Zewo
<https://github.com/Zewo/Zewo> also building web frameworks and underlying
technology. In an attempt to make the quickly-emerging frameworks pluggable
into each other, these spec-like <https://github.com/open-swift> libraries
were created. Another collection of frameworks in nestproject
<https://github.com/nestproject>, which aims at standardizing the web
server/web application interface.

There are many more projects, but I've contributed to these three and there
are many very active people trying to create production-ready tools by the
time Swift 3 is released. Again, you can already build servers today, but
expect Swift and APIs to change frequently until Swift 3 drops. So if you'd
like to contribute, these might be a good place to start.