[swift-users] Swift 3.0

Marco S Hyman marc at snafu.org
Sun Apr 17 12:53:30 CDT 2016

Hey Marc,

> You didn’t explicitly state the problem you’re running into but I assume you can’t build the app.

The app builds fine.   Running the app gives me errors such as "Must implement numberOfRowsInTableView: and tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row:” when the swiftified version "numberOfRows(in tableView: NSTableView) -> Int” and the required methods to support a view based table exist -- unless I got them wrong.

At this point I’m not sure if the issues are mine or the development system.  My next step is to build some miniature test apps to check such things out.

> As others have noticed (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.user/1689) the latest development snapshot is broken.

That particular issue didn’t bite me.  I am used to seeing the SourceKitService die every 3 or 4 minutes.

Marc