[swift-users] can module cache fulfils empty -sdk path. (iOS)

Ramakrishna Mallireddy ramakrishna.malli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:16:24 CDT 2016

Hi, I want to reduce the baggage & compile time for system frameworks by
providing compiled framework pcm files.

does pcm files are enough for ClangImporter(it's ok if it still needs
sdk/include).

Every time I run swift compiler on iOS device/simulator to compile a simple
helloworld.swift file, it creates a new subdirectory with random name under
tmp directory and compiles system framework modules to pcm files.

Even the pcm file name contains random string along with framework name.

With all the above what workflow should I follow to ensure ClangImporter
gets what it wants without compiling modules i.e I mean to compile all the
modules to pcm files once[offline] and tell Clang/ClangImporter to use them.

It looks like *-fmodule-cache* flag is the one I have to use, but confused
about the pcm files containing random string.

Thanks
Ramakrishna