[swift-users] [swift-corelibs-dev] build libdispatch failed in ubuntu 14.04

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 29 12:14:17 CDT 2016

swift-corelibs-dev-bounces at swift.org wrote on 03/29/2016 11:58:13 AM:

> Hi, everyone
> I follow the command written in INSTALL in
> https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch/blob/master/INSTALL
>
> sh autogen.sh
>
> ./configure
>
> make
>
> but "make" failed, report is "No rule to make target `all'.  "
> Is there some optional command I missed?

One way that could happen is if you skipped the step to initialize the
libpwq git submodule.  The configure script is supposed to detect that you
failed to do this, but it appears to not be doing so robustly (I just tried
it and it did fail with "No rule to make target `all`" from the libpwq
subdir).

>From the INSTALL file right about the BUILD commands:

Initialize git submodules:
  We are using git submodules to incorporate a specific revision of the
  upstream pthread_workqueue library into the build.
    git submodule init
    git submodule update

--dave