[swift-users] Serious Issue with Project Preprocessor Build Setting, Xcode 7.3 and Swift.

Rainer Brockerhoff rainer at brockerhoff.net
Thu Mar 24 12:19:08 CDT 2016

On 3/24/16 14:05, Jordan Rose via swift-users wrote:
> Ahh. Yes, we were. We would define the macro in Clang, then when we
> do a lookup we'd get it back out in Swift. I, um, wouldn't have
> considered that intentional, but clearly people are depending on it.

I'm not following the macro issue as closely as I maybe should, but in
my current ObjC apps I depend on GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS to
conditionally include sections of code (or not). (I don't however use it
to directly expand as a macro value.)

This is typically to accomodate differences between Mac App Store and
Developer ID builds, by defining these values in .xcconfig files.

Hopefully some mechanism like this will be available in Swift #if ?

--
Rainer Brockerhoff  <rainer at brockerhoff.net>
Belo Horizonte, Brazil