[swift-users] libswift frontend ios

Joe Groff jgroff at apple.com
Thu Mar 24 12:13:39 CDT 2016

> On Mar 24, 2016, at 6:12 AM, Ramakrishna Mallireddy <ramakrishna.malli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This may be due to the fact my native OSX being an 64bit architecture. Only a 64bit compiler build work on it properly.
> To make simulator i386 build works properly it may required native 32bit architecture OSX.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

That shouldn't be a problem. The assertion indicates that the compiler thought that ProtocolDecl or ProtocolConformance are not sufficiently aligned to hold the tag bit necessary for llvm::PointerUnion in its low bits. You might be able to work around this by annotating ProtocolDecl and ProtocolConformance as explicitly having `alignof(8)`.

-Joe