[swift-users] Very slow compilation of `lazy var` properties

Tadeas Kriz tadeas at brightify.org
Thu Mar 10 10:26:49 CST 2016

Hey everyone!

I spent last few days trying to bring down compilation time of our iOS
project, which has about 500 files and 50k lines (plus ~20 dependencies
precompiled into frameworks by Carthage).

I stumbled upon this http://irace.me/swift-profiling and wrote myself a
simple script that sums up all the times spent on various places in code.
To my surprise, I found out that many of the lines that took the most of
time to compile were simply `lazy var ` properties in classes. Is it unique
to our project (I mean caused by misconfiguration) or do you guys see this
as well?

Thanks!

Tadeas