[swift-users] Running benchmarks?

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Mon Mar 7 12:12:00 CST 2016

> On Mar 5, 2016, at 12:06 PM, Lars Kotthoff <larsko at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
>> build-script should build the benchmarks by default without needing to pass
>> in any --benchmark flag (see the Readme).
>
> The readme says: "To run Swift benchmarks, pass the --benchmark flag to
> build-script." This is what I'm trying to do and what doesn't work.

Ok. We miscommunicated. To build you don't need any flags, but it seems you are correct that to run it you are supposed to pass in the "--benchmark" flag. So we were both correct ; ).

>> I imagine this is related to the benchmarks not being supported currently on
>> linux.
>
> What systems are supported? Only Mac OS X?

Currently. But that solely because no one has spent the time to bring it up on Linux.

A patch adding such support would be most welcome = ).

Michael