[swift-users] Divining the proper swiftc target for an Xcode project

Nate Petersen nate at digitalrickshaw.com
Fri Mar 4 13:40:35 CST 2016

I'm trying to dump the AST for all the Swift files in an Xcode project. I think I've mostly figured it out, but want to make sure I'm constructing the swiftc target correctly. Right now, this is how I'm doing it based on some guesswork. I get this indirect property:

   eval CUR_TARGET_NAME='$'$DEPLOYMENT_TARGET_SETTING_NAME

and then construct the target like so:

   ${arch}-apple-${SWIFT_PLATFORM_TARGET_PREFIX}${CUR_TARGET_NAME}

Will that reliably give me an appropriate target? And will it work for both iOS and OS X?

Thanks.

- Nate Petersen