[swift-users] Learning OpenGL with Swift

Marco Feltmann coding at marcofeltmann.de
Sun Feb 28 13:34:16 CST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:35:26AM -0800, David Turnbull wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Marco Feltmann via swift-users <
> swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Renaming to drop the 3 should be filed as a bug in your distro.

I don't think so.
IMHO it is the correct way to _not_ label the current version of a library. I'd prefer GLFW whichever version is the current one.
When there was a heavy API change from GLFW 2.x to GLFW 3.x the older
version still used should be labelled GLFW2 instead of labelling the new
one GLFW3.
Otherwise noone will ever likely be updating their sources to the
current library version.