[swift-users] while case and if case usage

Ramakrishna Mallireddy ramakrishna.malli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:58:21 CST 2016

An example for illustration:

enum Test {

  case None

  case Integer(Int)

  case StringValue(String)

  case Addition(Int, Int)

}

func test(a:Test) {

  switch a {

  case .None: print(a)

  case .Integer(let value) where value > 50: print(value)

  case .StringValue: print(a)

  case .Addition(let operands): print(operands.0 + operands.1)

  default: print(a)

  }

  if case .None = a {

    print(a)

  }

  if case .Integer = a {

    print(a)

  }

  if case .Integer(let value) = a where value > 50 {

    print(value)

  }

  if case .Addition(let operands) = a  {

    print(operands.0 + operands.1)

  }

  if case .StringValue = a {

    print(a)

test(Test.StringValue("Hello")) // StringValue("Hello")

test(Test.Integer(70)) // 70 & Integer(70) & 70

test(Test.Addition(10, -20)) // -10 & -10