[swift-users] Help on how to compile a project.

Max Howell max.howell at apple.com
Mon Feb 22 12:08:49 CST 2016

> So, first, I would like to know if there is a way to compile xcode projects (and all classes within it) using the Swift version that I built from sources.

Hi Marcel,

I actually do this.

What I did is:

1. Make a recursive copy of a xctoolchain.
2. Replace all the parts in that new toolchain with symlinks to the built versions
3. Edit the Info.plist to give the toolchain a unique name

It’s a hack, but currently it is otherwise quite problematic to build your own toolchain. There is a ticket open to make the build-script capable of this however, so hopefully this will be implemented.

Max