[swift-users] Error building Swift

Brandon Knope bknope at me.com
Wed Feb 17 15:42:46 CST 2016

Hello! I am trying to build swift and I have installed both CMake and Ninja with MacPorts.

When running build-scripts, I am getting this error:

“
-- The C compiler identification is AppleClang 7.0.2.7000181
-- The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 7.0.2.7000181
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja
CMake Error:
  The detected version of Ninja () is less than the version of Ninja required
  by CMake (1.3).

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile generation of cmake failed
-- Check for working C compiler using: Ninja -- broken
CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-3.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):
  The C compiler
  "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang"
  is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
“

I followed the directions from https://github.com/apple/swift <https://github.com/apple/swift>.

Ninja should be the most current version as it was installed and updated via MacPorts.

Any ideas? Am I missing something silly?

Thanks,
Brandon