[swift-users] Swift setup for different versions

Jens Alfke jens at mooseyard.com
Sun Feb 14 01:36:01 CST 2016

> On Feb 13, 2016, at 2:05 PM, alex via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I’m a Swift newbie, going through the Swift books (2.1 and 2.2). I’m a bit confused and I’d appreciate your help with setting up a good environment.
> 1. I have Xcode 7.2.1 installed. This seems to correspond to Swift 2.1.1 which I assume is the stable version.

Then that’s all you need. If you’re learning the language, you definitely don’t want to be on the bleeding edge; it’ll get in the way.

I’m sure the vast majority of developers using Swift are working with the released version in Xcode. And it’s not stopping them from getting things done.

(BTW, the latest Xcode 7.3 beta apparently has Swift 2.2, or so I’ve heard. I haven’t checked.)

—Jens