[swift-users] Is there a simple direct way to compile with libdispatch on Ubuntu?

francisbailey francisbailey at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:02:59 CST 2016

I believe NSUTF8StringEncoding is part of the Foindation library which isn't fully implemented yet on Linux. You can see the status for it here:
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/blob/master/Docs/Status.md

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 09:44, Isaac Gouy via swift-users <'swift-users at swift.org'> wrote:
>> On Friday, January 29, 2016 4:18 PM, Max Howell

>> Apparently Ubuntu 15.10’s lib dispatch doesn’t come with dispatch/io.h
>>
>> So those symbols indeed don’t exist in any headers here.

So I fetched the source:

https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch

:and built the libraries.

It now seems like I'm missing something that isn't libdispatch related -- or should I have chosen one of those --with-apple- options when I built?

mandelbrot.swift-2.swift:78:40: error: use of unresolved identifier 'NSUTF8StringEncoding'

See
http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=mandelbrot&lang=swift&id=2#log