[swift-users] Need help with compile times (type inference?)

Joe Groff jgroff at apple.com
Sat Jan 23 18:03:43 CST 2016

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 3:56 PM, David Turnbull via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I get the impression that there's no immediate solution. Will Swift 3.0 improve build times?

We hope so. Joe Pamer just landed some improvements into the master branch that should improve a lot of common cases, and I believe more improvements are on the way. In the meantime, Bryan Irace recently wrote an article that might help, about using some of the compiler's internal debugging flags to find and improve problem points: http://irace.me/swift-profiling/

-Joe