[swift-users] Make getting a random number more intuitive

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Thu Jan 21 15:00:13 CST 2016

* In terms of cross-platform random numbers, there are any number of third party libraries and you can use rand() on many platforms
* In terms of Mac, use GameplayKit for more rational generation. (http://ericasadun.com/2015/06/30/going-random-in-the-age-of-gameplaykit/ <http://ericasadun.com/2015/06/30/going-random-in-the-age-of-gameplaykit/>)  You choose the source and distribution.

Not sure this is a Swift question but I hope this helps

-- E