[swift-users] How to define interdependent modules in a package?

Daniel Dunbar daniel_dunbar at apple.com
Thu Dec 24 11:41:45 CST 2015

What we hope to do here eventually is have swiftpm "notice" when a build has failed because of a missing dependency, and then automatically help you update the manifest to include it.

This allows the dependency specifications to continue to be explicit, which some people believe is important for maintenance of a large project, while still having a relatively painless workflow for incremental development.

We don't yet have anyone actively working on this feature, though...

 - Daniel